Friday, March 7, 2014

Pattern review- Calliope


I just got this pattern in my inbox, from Paula McGee. I thought I'd do a review today. First, it's a cloth doll pattern, which makes a doll about 18" tall seated and 28" tall standing.  Her name is Calliope, which is dreamy! The pattern is well written, with both illustrations and photos. Paula's signature face is what gives the doll such fabulous appeal.

There are patterns for the doll and her costume. There's even a template for drawing the face. Along with the photos, even novice doll makers will be able to produce a lovely face for their doll.

The whimsical costume and pink hair top off the doll. I just love the boots! Those are inspirational. Hey, I bet in another color way, it would look positively Steampunk!  I digress! Do try this pattern. you won't be disappointed. 

Available at Doll  Street Dreamers. Order the pattern right here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments.