Friday, November 22, 2013

A special invitation

You are invited


Just in time for Christmas giving, I am offering a work shop that will inspire you!

Inspire you to get that embellisher out of the closet and onto the work table. My embellsiher had been on the shelf for some time. I got it out last month and got to work. I love making vessels. They can be used as an objet d'art on a shelf, hold dried flowers or even hold a battery tea light, to shine through the holes.

In this one day class I will show you:-

  • how to lay out the fibre,
  • how to use the embellisher properly to get a solid piece of felt
  • how to shape the felt into a vessel
  • how to sculpt the felt further
  • how to carve and embroider the felt
Felt really is the most wonderful thing to stitch on. I had great fun stitching by hand all over these vessels. So you see, they don't take a super long time to make. Once you've got the techniques down, your next one will go faster.

Cost: $60, which includes the fibre. Please bring your own embellisher!
Location: 1276 Wellington St, Ottawa (my studio)
Limit: 6 students only, so don't miss out on your chance to join the fun!

Send me an email to Edwina at edwinadolls.com (Written that way to foil the spammers).

See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments.