Monday, June 30, 2014

A successful show!

A big thank you to everyone who came to our Art and Tea in the Garden last Saturday. It was a fabulous day all round: perfect weather, perfect food and tea, wonderful friends dropping by and new people to meet! I was surrounded by inspiration and the  warmth of friendship all day. How perfect is that?

To me, these events are a little holiday. A chance to just be an artist for a whole day, to be in the company of other artists, with time to talk; it gets the creative juices going. I look at what I've brought to offer and ideas come. "Maybe I could try this, or make that." I have to keep notes, so I can use them for my next show. That will be FiberFest in Almonte this September. 

Since the move had absorbed so much of life, I haven't been to my creativity table much. But that will change!  My storage closet has begun to take shape. I am categorizing and sorting my stash. My aim is to have the categories well defined. For the stuff that must remin in boxes a bit longer, I plan to get it all out, take a photo and paste it on the box. It's the best way to keep a visual inventory that I know!

On to the next show! See you there!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments.