Friday, November 1, 2013

Needle felt with a twist

Hands up if you have an embellisher!  Is it getting dusty on a shelf? Well, so was mine! So I got it out and went to work. I wanted to see if I could produce a vessel as good as what I can make when wet felting. 

Here's the result.  What do you think?
What is that for? Someone asked me. Well, it's an objet d'art. You might put a battery powered candle inside ti, to shine through the holes. you might put dried grasses in it. Or just enjoy it. Felt is so touchable, so pick it up and touch it!
I'm writing an article for a magazine. Not sure which one yet, but I will let you know. I am also open for suggestions. There are so many magazines out there now!

You can see I have retuned to my love of things with holes in them. I had some concerns about cutting into needle felted felt, but it was fine.  It even allowed me to give it a shave!  I just like to control some of the fuzz. One of the wools I chose did not behave as well as I would have liked. So I took care of the fuzzies with my scissors. 

It felt good (pardon the pun) to be felting again. You can imagine, I have a stash of wool fibre! So there are other color combinations to explore. I can see a bag happening soon!

So please send any suggestions for magazines! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments.