Friday, November 29, 2013

Movember

I was inspired to create this art by Movember, that crazy month when men grow their moustaches to honour those affected and raise funds for prostate cancer. I wanted the work to be used to raise funds and have put it in the hands of Roger Biddle, of Light Switch Creative, who is involved in the campaign. It may end up at the local chapter head office!

The book I chose to use for my book origami is called "Crunch time." I felt the title embraced how a man might feel when faced with such a health challenge.

I have not been doing book origami very long, but I love the transformation of the book into art. Literature is art and this is an extension of that. a mixing of art forms, if you will.

Dedicated to all those who suffer with prostate cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments.