Friday, October 25, 2013

New cloth doll pattern available

Meet Phoenix Dreamer, my latest cloth doll pattern. She was inspired by my love of all things Steampunk. That's reflected in the colors I've chosen and the Victorian patterns in the prints.

Once my artwork was published in Zen Doodle, I was motivated to get this design out to the world. it has taken far too long. But you know how life intervenes...

I wanted to create a costume for my Tilly pattern, which many of you may have. (It's a free pattern you get when you sign up for my newsletter) So I went about it in a whole new way: by draping. With this pattern, you'll be making the doll, (included in the pattern) and then draping her costume on her in a unique way. It's all based on rectangles and circles! Now I've got your interest, right?

The pattern is fully illustrated with diagrams and photos, with alternate ideas for shoes and boots. So, depending how adventurous you are, you can make boots in polymer clay, or ribbon shoes. You can order it from my Etsy store, Not Carved In Stone.

This pattern was also featured in an Etsy treasury! I am always thrilled when this happens, as it brings my work to a whole new audience. Here's the link to the Treasury. The curator is Jeans To Jewels.

Who else is into Steampunk?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments.