Friday, May 31, 2013

I heard the mermaids singing

And before I knew it, there were three! I plan to have them swim among my hostas. These foil shapes will be covered in paper, then paverpol and paint. Paverpol is marvellous for outdoor art. I like the silver, but don't want it to look like tin foil art. 

I am pleased with the shape, taking inspiration from the whales.  Once I had one started, I began thinking about another and before I knew it, I had a little production line going! The beauty of three is you can work on one, let it dry and move on.  

Since I was working in my studio among my bridal silks, I didn't want to get the paverpol out. I usually do that in the back porch at home. They needed a fin, but I also needed a way to attach it. Along came Mod Podge!  I saw a blog post on craftgossip.com. Someone had covered a table in tin foil.  Very cool!  Well, it attached the fin, without having to manipulate a whole new layer.  You can't see it in the photo.  That's for next time!

Does anyone have a smart way of attaching the rods?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments.