Friday, April 26, 2013

Setting goals

Do you set goals? I do. I don't always write them down,  but I thought I would share my current creative goals with you. I'll even go so far as to promise I will follow up with how many I have accomplished.

Goals are like a map. You get out the map, plot your journey and off you go, hoping to reach the place you intended to go. Sometimes you end up in a different place and that's okay. With art, things have a way of evolving on their own journey.

Once I set a goal, I then think about the steps I need to take to get me there. After all, a goal with no action is just a word.

So here we go:
  • Finish my new doll costume pattern
  • Make a fox hound to go with my fox figure
  • Finish my Steampunk journal
  • Start my Spring journal
  • Get 500 more followers on my blog
  • Write for other blogs
So there are my latest goals. Get some things finished, start others. Now I will think about the steps I must take. Like finding some images of fox hounds. Think about how I will get 500 followers for my blog.

You see? Goals are the start of the journey; the map. Now I will fill in the map, with a few steps towards those goals. It was Confucius who said "A journey of a thousand miles starts with the first step."

What are your goals for your creative self?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments.