Friday, January 25, 2013

New York, New York!

No-one can say that going to the Big Apple is not an experience. So much to see and do, so much to try. I just came back from spending last weekend at the Vogue knitting Show. It was held at the Marriott in Times Square. A happening place all by itself!

Kelly Fleek, Carol Buonanno, Me (Edwina) and Carol MacDonald, under Kelly's creations.

 I took my dolls, with a focus on felt and cloth dolls. The artist gallery was right outside the Marketplace, so we had a steady stream of visitors all three days. Comments were all positive and all the artists had a good time getting acquainted or reacquainted.

I was happy to see some of the artists I met in Chicago, like Carol MacDonald, Kelly Fleek and Adrian Kershaw. Each working in different mediums, we found plenty of common ground. There were other friends from Chicago, like Carol from Vogue and Kathleen. I hope to see you all again soon!

We even got an article in The Examiner! How cool is that?

I had a little time for shopping, my hubby had more, but that's okay. We went to BB King's to see a soul band revue. You have to see some live music in New York!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments.