Friday, November 16, 2012

Movember


I love this quote. I also love the picture with the fabulously ridiculous moustache. Lots of wax used there!

It is Movember and I hope the guys in your life are supporting the cause. One of my guys is. Your moustache may not be perfect, but it's the effort that counts. One thing about facial hair, it grows back!

As for perfection and never reaching it, I think the message here is this: Give it a try, Aim for perfection, but don't get bent out of shape if you don't reach it.

The other part of this is the old adage: If at first you don't succeed, Try, Try Again. So not reaching perfection first time out is no big deal. Do your 10,000 hours and you'll be an expert. maybe not perfect, but an expert.

If you haven't read Malcolm Gladwell's book The Outliers, it's an interesting read on expertise and standing out in a crowd.

So off I go, striving for perfection, but not too hung up on actually reaching it. I guess that makes me a process and not product driven artist.

Which are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments.