Friday, March 30, 2012

Paris is incredible

Or incroyable, to use the French term. I have been practicing my French and am surprising myself with my success in finding our way about. I may be a,using the locals with my attempts, but that's part of the fun. My friend and I bought a two day museum pass and have made the most of it. Mona Lisa Was naturally on our list of places to visit within the vast Louvre collection. Her many fans surrounded her when we arrived and everyone jostles their way to the front of the crowd for a closer look at La Joconde and her mysterious smile. The painting is surprisingly small and now sits quite high on the wall, behind glass for her fans to adore her.. Napoleon's apartments These are as sumptuous and opulent as any royal apartments you may find in Europe. No expense spared with the gilt and trim. We were wowed by enormous crystal chandeliers and amazing inlaid furniture. Luxury on a grand scale. Stained glass Next to the luxury of Napoleon the beauty of the stained glass in Ste Chapelle was opulent on a different scale. The beauty and high color in the windows was stunning as we entered the room on a sunny afternoon. It was well worth the wait, which we whiled away at a market and sidewalk cafe, while the chapel closed for lunch. Pictures later, as I cannot figure out how to add them from this iPad. If you don't have it on your list, you must add it and see Paris soon! The golden Age is alive and well here, like a living dream of another age.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments.