Saturday, December 17, 2011

Clowning around

Here's another of my polymer figures. I'm still learning how to form the clay when I'm sculpting. I realise I have a tendency to squish the heads, so am working to overcome this problem. This guy survived the sculpting and got baked.

Baking is another aspect of the polymer clay that is still scary. I have burnt a few hands and feet. Then I tried a different oven, a baking bag, using quilt batt to cover the pieces while they bake. All the stuff I learned in class and forgot the minute I came home.

So, slowly, by trial and error, the method is sinking in. I love these bean bag bodies. Bean bag bodies are not new, of course, but Kate Church showed me how they wop\rk for her, also i\I had to give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments.