A new doll is underway! I have scaled her to be a child doll, to fit with my Annabella pattern. Our doll club, All Dolled Up, is having an 1812 challenge, to celebrate the upcoming anniversary of the war of 1812. We decided the dolls should match in scale, so we needed a child doll.
I gave this one a youthful face. Freckles help that along! I designed the pattern to be either a boy or girl, 10-12 years old. I used woven cotton, I mostly work in this fabric. It could be made in a stretch fabric, though what size it would become, I'm not sure. Perhaps a good idea if one wanted a plumper figure.
The face is coloured using gel pens, pencils and powdered make up. She'll be dressed in the same style as my 1812 class. that's a short gown and petticoat. Today is my day to work on her and get her dressed. The body parts are all pinned, though i expect I'll pose her to be working in some way.